- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir in pistachios and chocolate. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, vanilla, and cocoa. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined (dough will be stiff, so mix with hands if necessary).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Divide dough in half and place on sheet. Shape into two 2 1/2-by-12-inch logs and sprinkle top of each with 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake until risen and firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Let logs cool completely on sheet, about 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300 degrees. Using a serrated knife, cut logs crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake until biscotti are dry, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. (To store, keep in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 1 week.)
1 cup (145 grams) blanched whole almonds, toasted and chopped coarsely
1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups (280 grams) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extractDirection
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Toast almonds for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely. Set aside.
Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl lightly beat the eggs and extracts together. Set aside.
In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer) combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until blended (about 30 seconds). Gradually add the egg mixture and beat until a dough forms, adding almonds about halfway through. With floured hands divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface roll each half of dough into a log about 10 inches (25 cm) long and 2 inches (5 cm) wide. Transfer logs to the prepared baking sheet, spacing the logs about 3 inches (7.5 cm) apart, and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until firm to the touch (logs will spread during baking). Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
Transfer logs to a cutting board and, using a serrated knife, cut log into slices 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) thick on the diagonal. Arrange evenly on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, turn slices over, and bake another 10 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container.